Services > Workshops > Building Effective Teams
Building Effective Teams
Roles, Responsibilities, Tips and Tools for an Optimal Workplace
Number of Participants: Up to 60
One of the most frustrating workplace issues for staff to cope with is interpersonal conflict. No one, regardless of their position, enjoys coming to work if they are entrenched in drama and dysfunction. In fact, most complaints about unhealthy workplaces stem from dysfunctional interpersonal and team dynamics.
One challenging colleague, leader, client or customer –who behaves and communicates with little consideration for those around them –creates disruption and disharmony for many others.
In this workshop, Marli Rusen will show you how to respectfully address such disrespect. Marli will provide critical information on what it takes to be a high performing team by helping you identify the most common barriers to success.
Drawing upon her experience as a workplace mediator and investigator, Marli will provide you with ways in which to respectfully spot, speak about and address conflict as soon as it arises and as informally as possible.
When it comes to team conflict, the goal is not to win by having others lose. The goal is for the team to succeed, as one, through early and effective conflict resolution.
- Understanding the difference between conflict and bullying
- Learning about the responsibilities of bystanders and leaders in resolving workplace conflict
- Why self-reflection and personal ownership (on the part of everyone) is critical in resolving team conflict
- Understanding when and how to address issues with coworkers informally
- Knowing when it’s best to escalate concerns to workplace leaders
- Understanding the test of “reasonableness” in complaints of harassment
- Learning the six most common types of workplace dysfunction and five most disruptive personalities in any workplace
- Understanding the dos and don’ts in discussing workplace conflict with others
- Learning about the difference between perceptions, opinions, and facts
Supplemental Training Resources:
- The MIRROR Method Book
- The MIRROR Method Workbook
- Walking on Eggshells? Guide
- Certificate of Achievement